Isaac is 9! How did this happen? He is growing up before our eyes!
Isaac's birthday this year involved inviting a few friends to go with him to Orange Leaf (a frozen yogurt place) and playing a few games at home. It was a low key yet fun birthday party. I loved that Isaac got into making the goodie treats to give to his friends. We got a bunch of Lego banks from the thrift store for ridiculously cheap and he filled them with candy and Pokémon cards. I loved to see him choosing cards that he wanted to give to his friends! He even decided to take Pokémon cards to school as the "treat" to give out to his class. (His school doesn't do edible treats but the birthday kids can bring in something to give to their classmates.)
Isaac at 9!
1. Isaac loves games. He got a few for his birthday (Harry Potter Trivia, Bounce Off!, and a car parking lot game.) Some evenings we play a quick game of Bohnanza, Uno or Taco Loco.
2. He also loved making up games. A current new favorite is trying to kick a large ball up onto the roof of our town house. It then rolls off and he tries again. He gets the neighbor kids kicking too, but they don't actually get the ball on the roof that often.
3. Isaac loves reading. He and John have finished reading Harry Potter #4 together.
4. Isaac is looking forward to warm weather and tries to push the limits with no coat/light jacket/shorts when really he would probably be more comfortable in slightly warmer clothing. He doesn't seem to mind!
5. He is now a Bear in cub scouts. He finished off the Wolf requirements and will get all the remaining belt loops at the Blue and Gold banquet this week.
6. Isaac loves to laugh. Recently John checked out a few joke books from the library and Isaac will now randomly ask a riddle or tell a joke to get us laughing. He also loves to watch Studio C.
7. Pokémon. Pokémon. Pokémon.
8. Isaac loves to take the recycle out to the recycle bin, but as he say, he likes to do it his way. "His way" includes taking everything out one piece at a time and throwing it into the dumpster. He then also brings in a pile of things that he isn't ready for us to recycle yet. I have to be careful about sending him out with the recycle!
9. It is so wonderful to see Isaac growing up. He is a good helper at home and a good example for his siblings. It is fun to talk with him and he is a thinker!
We love Isaac!